You can find my original post, with more information, here.
Challenge #1: Goodreads’ Annual Challenge.
Goal: 50 books
Current: 84 books – COMPLETE!
Challenge #2: Clean Up Your TBR Challenge
On the TBR:
1. Dates from Hell by Kim Harrison, Lyndsay Sands, Kelley Armstrong, and Lori Handeland
2. Thriller: Stories to Keep You Up All Night by various authors, edited by James Patterson
Status: In progress. Three of thirty stories read. 10% complete.
Challenge #3: Clean Up Your Currently Reading Challenge
So, last time, I posted everything on my currently reading list over at Goodreads. What I’m doing today is culling my list of books I know I’m never going to read.
1. Promise of the Witch King by R. A. Salvatore
2. Mental Floss Presents Forbidden Knowledge: A Wickedly Smart Guide to History’s Naughtiest Bits by Will Pearson
3. Hades’ Daughter by Sara Douglass
4. The Casual Vacancy by J. K. Rowling – I may not ever finish this book. I’ve tried to read it twice and gave up both times. Might try it one last time and if I still can’t get into it, I’m DNF’ing it. –> REMOVE. I gave it two shots and, since I almost never abandon a book, I’m throwing in the towel on this one.
5. The Returned by Jason Mott –> REMOVE. I’ve lost interest in this. Which is sad because it was an interesting premise.
6. My Evil Valentine by Debra Webb and others – I’ve read Debra Webb’s story in this anthology because it’s the story of how she became involved with The Player – Eric Spears’ – case. I think I’ve read a second one, too, but gah.
7. Chainfire by Terry Goodkind
8. Light of Day by Jamie M. Saul –> REMOVE. I don’t even know what this book is about any longer. I can’t even remember if I liked it or not.
9. Fic: Why Fanfiction is Taking over the World by Anne Jamison – this was actually really interesting and somehow… it fell by the wayside.
10. If I love You, Am I Trapped Forever? by M. E. Kerr – Hm… this one I actually finished. Why didn’t I ever mark it read? –> FINISHED
11. Dog Eat Dog World: Limited Edition Bundle by Hailey Edwards
12. Break No Bones by Kathy Reichs
13. The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
14. The Kind Worth Killing by Peter Swanson
15. Heir of the Dog by Hailey Edwards – this is actually part of #11. Probably ought to remove this one.
16. Fire and Fury: Inside the Trump White House by Michael Wolff – eh, I was excited about this when I started it and it kind of fizzled out. REMOVE? I’m not sure. I started this right after it came out but I may have lost interest. I’ll pick it back up and give it another chance before I decide.
17. How to Marry a Cowboy/Reckless in Texas by Carolyn Brown and Kari Lynn Dell – picked this back up recently and am enjoying it a lot. Only about 4 chapters into How to Marry a Cowboy but it’s been fun.
18. Every Shattered Dream Part One by T. A. Chase –> FINISHED. Contemplating picking up the next part.
19. And I Darken by Kiersten White
20. A King of Infinite Space by Tyler Dilts
21. The Cuckoo’s Calling by J. K. Rowling – currently listening in audio. Might take me a bit. –> I’m closing in on finishing this finally. It’s such a long audiobook and I don’t really get much listening time so it seems like it’s floundering when it’s not.
22. Red Horizons: The True Story of Nicolae and Elena Ceausescus’ Crimes, Lifestyle, and Corruption by Ion Mihai Pacepa – had to send this back to the library. I knew this man was corrupt AF, but I seriously had no idea how bad it was. It got a bit too heavy and I needed a break.
23. Dodging and Burning by John Copenhaver
24. A Scandal in Scarlet by Vicki Delany – an ARC via Netgalley that I need to get read and post a review by November 13th. –> FINISHED! And my review will post tomorrow.
25. Thriller: Stories to Keep You Up All Night by Various, edited by James Patterson.
So, with edits, I’m now down to 22 books on my ‘currently reading’ list, with another possible book to be booted, and two books close to being finished. That’s good progress for a week, I think!