Since I’m old, I’m not going to go with any of the newer villians, I’ll stick with the classics and what I call the second wave classics (The Lion King, etc.)
1. Prince John & the Sheriff of Nottingham from Robin Hood. This is easily my all-time favorite Disney movie ever. While Prince John and the Sheriff are both rather incompetent, they make a great foe for Robin and his band of Merry Men.
2. The Queen of Hearts from Alice in Wonderland. Another of my all-time favorites. The Queen is awful and obnoxious and a great villain.
3. Maleficent from Sleeping Beauty. I think she’s the only Disney baddie that ever actually frightened me. She’s just that evil.
4. Jafar from Aladdin. Honestly, most of Jafar’s appeal is because his constant companion is Iago, but all the same, he’s one of the highlights of the movie.
5. Ursula from The Little Mermaid. She’s every evil witch ever written rolled into one creature. Had I been little and not an adult when this movie came out, I have no doubt she’d have scared the daylights out of me, too.